Friday 1 October 2010

Book Review: Winning A Groom In 10 Dates by Cara Colter

Winning a Groom in 10 Dates (Harlequin Romance #4182)Winning a Groom in 10 Dates by Cara Colter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm so torn as to whether to give this four stars or five.  This is Mills and Boon, it's not deep, and soul searching; it's brain candy.  A feel good romance at it's best.



Part of me wanted this book to be Heat/Modern Romance, and see some of the sexual tension lead to the bedroom, (because Brandon is just so damn sexy!) but a part of me just loved the sensual tenderness and the frustrations of fancying the pants off someone that these books provoke. 



This story, is very similar to something I am writing, and a premise that I love to read, so maybe it won't be for everyone and I'm biased. 


But it's the 'lets pretend we're dating to let your old boyfriend know you're over him' premise.



To be honest the title is misleading... it's not so much about the ten dates, (in fact theres not a mention of how many dates) but how sexy, lonely, Brand, comes to the rescue of his five-year younger neighbour, who was once a dorky, ugly duckling twelve-year old before he left home, and now has turned into a beautiful swan.



He used to protect her like an older brother, while she idolised him, and coming home, he's found he hasn't lost that need to protect her, keep her safe. 



I don't want to say too much.  But I loved the Hero... macho, strong, sexy, military type and down right devilish and charming.  Sophie was endearing, and funny.  I worried initially she was a bit too close to pathetic, but she redeemed herself nicely - and I loved her 'voice'.



Very slight spoiler but I've got to share this!  Chapter 3 had me laughing so much.  Sophie's Grandma is German, and would speak very embarrassing stuff to Sophie, (look how sexy his lips are etc.) and Brand decided it would be fun not to let them know he was fluent in German.  Brilliant.  That chapter made me not want to put this book down!



This is a fun, but emotional book.  It made me laugh and cry.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.