Diane at Tales From Baggins Bottom has tagged me for "Seven Things About Me." As you can see by her blog post, she's a very busy freelance writer.
Actually reading what she has on the go makes me feel like I'm not doing anywhere near enough. Chasing two kids, a part time job and keeping a house tidy sometimes gets in the way of what I really want to do - write. But Rachel Brimble did reassure me (whilst at Ashdown House) that as my kids get older, my writing time will increase - phew!
I did send The Wedding Favour to another publisher, and they asked for the full, but it ended with a no thank you. Therefore, I will continue editing it (I've done eight chapters so far) to resubmit to the publisher who gave me a revise/resubmit rejection.
Anyway, here are my seven things...some facts you may already know.I couldn't really thinking of anything that interesting, actually. Sorry.
- I have a bottle of champagne (only a cheap one) in the fridge, waiting for when I get my first writing contract. It's been in there a while now.
- I find it easier to type an "!" than a "." and it's a habit I need to break.
- When I was 15 I wanted to be a TV make-up artist.
- This time last year, I was a stone heavier. I think this is due mainly to my running, and hoping not too much due to the stress going on in my life at the moment.
- My favourite James Bond is Daniel Craig, but then I do have a thing for blonds and blue eyes.
- I used to work at Thorpe Park. I was a litter picker. Every person on this planet should do this job - they would never drop litter again!
- It took me three times to pass my driving test. My dad couldn't understand it. He'd been teaching me to drive since my feet could reach the pedals. (It was down to nerves actually).
Now I have to nominate seven blogs/friends. I know that some of these people are very busy, and therefore don't expect them to carry on the tag. But I've nominated them because they have helped and encouraged me, (I could have listed more!) and I want to say thank you in some way.
In no particular order...
- Rachel Lyndhurst
- Rachel Brimble
- Annalisa Crawford
- Becky Black
- Morton Gray
- Carol Hedges
- Kerry Harrison
(I've updated with a seventh thing! lol! How did I miss it?)