Friday 7 December 2012

One Got Through The Net

I didn't want to do this but I'm going to have to moderate the comments posted on this blog. Don't panic, though. At first, I'm only going to do it on posts older than 7 days, so most of you shouldn't see any difference.

I've tried to make this blog user friendly, so that everyone can comment - because I like comments! I've wanted to make it easier for those with or without 'accounts'. However, I seem to be getting a lot of SPAM and Blogger has been dealing with those nicely. But today one got through the net.

I've read lots of advice about blogging, and one is not to use those dreadful Word Verifications. I must admit, I hate them. I can never see what the bloody letters and numbers are supposed to be. So I am refraining from turning that back on, too.

Therefore, I'm going to see how this goes. If this reduces my Spammers, or at least stops them actually going live on my blog, I will be happy. Hopefully, none of you will notice the difference, but if you do comment on a post that is over 7 days old, then your comments will be moderated first.

Okay - that's the boring stuff over... now here's something Christmassy as a means to thank you for taking the time to read this blog. I do like their hats.


2 comments:

  1. Phwoar! What a treat! You really know how to sweeten up bad news! (by the way, sorry to hear you've had spam get through - I haven't experienced this yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try my best. Only one has got through. Which is a shame. The others Blogger was dealing with and not putting actually on my blog. We will see if this helps. If not the dreaded Word Verification has to come back or I'll just screen/moderate all comments.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.