Wednesday 15 May 2013

Life Is A Lottery

When my customers (in the ickle shop I work at) buy a lottery ticket and  subsequently moan that they don't know why they bother because they never win, I always tell them you've got to be in it to win it.

You can't dream about how you're going to spend your millions if you haven't entered the lottery.

Well, I've realised this theory works on a lot of things. I can't dream of blogging for Mills and Boon if I don't enter their competition. So I have!

I can't dream of working in a school, term time hours only, to fit around me and the boys, if I don't apply. So I have.

These things are a bit of a lottery. I believe that some element of luck works in your favour as well as your skill and ability. It's very hard to get a job in a school, so I am treating it a bit like winning the lottery. I'm buying a lot of tickets... i.e. applying for every job I'm qualified to do. Thus increasing my odds.

I imagine it's even harder to become the blogger for Mills and Boon, too. *sigh*

And I can't dream of being a published writer if I'm not writing... yeah, yeah, I know! I am trying to get my writing mojo back. But at this rate I'm going to need a refresher course in punctuation because I'm currently having a mental block as to where the full stop or comma goes - inside or outside of speech marks! It's a bit like when you're standing at the cash point, and all of a sudden, for love nor money, you can't remember your pin, and the machine is beeping at you. I'm sure it will all come back to me.

Ok, so ready for tomorrow - it is Thursday, after all. Here's a treat. A Shirtless Daniel Craig.


Now I need to get back to brainstorming my short story... as I can't dream of winning a short story competition, if I don't enter, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.