Wednesday 26 June 2013

Website Decisions (And I Need Cheering Up)

My website was going to start charging £2.99 a month as of July, and I've not really been that happy with using it. It's very limited - compared to what I can do with on my blog. 

Maybe it's just me being dunce - although I seem to be able to use Blogger okay - so I've deleted it. So the link won't work at the mo. I'm keeping the domain name obviously, just it hasn't got anything linked to it. So there's a project for me! 


Any suggestions for really easy to use websites that I can point to my domain name would be appreciated.

Admittedly, it's hard to fill a website with content when you haven't sold a book, so wondering whether to just hold off. But let me know your ideas.

In other news, I went for a job interview today in a school for a job that I thought would be perfect for me. Doing admin stuff, supporting teachers and class room assistants, little bit of first aid and playground duties, but I didn't get it. The woman they've hired apparently is the round peg for a round hole, what ever that means :( They said it was a tough decision but it means I am back to the drawing board, and still have possibly months of facing getting up at silly o'clock on a Saturday morning working for a retail giant I really do not feel appreciated in! Argh! (The good news is I can still be a dinner lady for a bit longer.)

In the meantime, it's back to the drawing board... and let's hope I do become the next J K Rowling... ha ha! (Yes, I know, that's not really likely to happen - I haven't even got a book like 50 Shades of Grey either inside of me). 

I'm going to be feeling pretty fed up all day now :( 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to here about the interview. To me round peg/round hole means internal candidate :-)

    I just set my web site up using Weebly. The admin/stats side is limited if you use the free element, but the actual page design is very good. I did mine in a day, although I'm still tinkering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, possibly it's what they meant. She did say that the person they were hiring from the job was already doing a similar role :( Argh!!!

      I just want to get out of retail... and get back into admin. And admin in a school would be Perfect. :(

      I will have a play with Weebly... it's the pointing to the domain name that I worry about. And as well, as I'm not published, not overly sure what to put on there.

      Delete
    2. I bought my domain name from scratch, but I'm sure I saw an option for if you already have one. It's the first part of the process, before you play with all the fun stuff!

      Delete
    3. Well, I have my domain with 123-reg or something like that. But I had a site linked to it. I have cancelled that. But it's still 'live'. I got the impression it would go immediately. So trying to work out how to point Weebly to it! Argh. But I've done one in Weebly for now... as it was free, and didn't take long to put together at all.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the job. Keep trying!

    I use Wordpress for my site. It's not just for blogging, you can create pages and there are loads of widgets and stuff. It's Wordpress.com you want, not .org - that's for the more serious sites not for us dabblers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know... back to the drawing board on the job front. I have seen another admin one to apply for.

      I did think about Wordpress as I do have an account for commenting on other Wordpress sites. I've gone for Weebly for now, as it didn't take long to put together. So much easier than my other site.

      Delete
  3. Hi Teresa
    Try www.webs.com or www.webstarts.com
    I've used both. Both are free and there are plenty of nice templates on them and you can attach your current domain name.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Gone with Weebly for now. But as it's free, I can always move to another, so I will keep those in mind :D

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.