Wednesday 16 October 2013

And So LIfe Begins...

You may have noticed I didn't post a Hump Day Hot Seat. I'm waiting on a few guests to come back to me with their answers and with my birthday and all over the weekend, I've been distracted.

Yes, it was my birthday and I've turned the big Four O! To make you feel better about this age, you're told that forty is the new thirty... that life begins at forty. I suppose I'm more confident now about myself than I was twenty years ago... so maybe life really does begin. I've certainly made a new one for myself over the last year.

I did have a fab party, but I am feeling rather reflective about it all at the moment. It's fine, somewhere along the line it will probably come out in a book...

Today I met up with my three local writer friends and I was given 'Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' by John Gray.

With previous relationship disasters, my dear friend and surrogate mum (I bore her with my life as well as my writing) would quote this book to me a lot, and I'd say I really must read it! So she thought rather than me borrow hers, she'd buy me my own copy. Let's face it, I'm probably going to need to refer to it A LOT! Plus, I'm hoping it might give me some insight into character building my heroes... (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

I received lots of goodies for my birthday, to which I am truly grateful. I could bath in Prosecco and live off chocolate for the rest of the year - but I won't! I'll eat and drink it sensibly, of course.

I'm still suffering with the RSI and so have been limiting writing/typing where I can too. It's terribly frustrating because I was getting into working on book two and wanted it over to the publishers ASAP - the sooner it's out there the better really. Instead of writing, I'm trying to do lots of reading.

I did get a duplicate present. My mum bought me Dawn French's Oh Dear Silvia (because my mum's name is Sylvia). However, my boys also gave me this book too... so I have two copies. I'm thinking I will give one away as a prize to a competition, but I'm not sure what competition to run yet (any suggestions?) - so watch this space if you fancy winning a copy of this book!

Right... back to my reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.