Tuesday 11 March 2014

Fake Friday With Jane Linfoot

It's been a while since I've had someone on my blog, and today, for my Fake Friday, I have fellow Harper Impulse author, Jane Linfoot. She's here to talk about writing, her favourite cocktail, and tell us a little about her new book The Right Side of Mr Wrong that was published 6th March.

Recently, I featured on Jane's blog talking about my Pink Shoes, that went with The Pink Dress, so I'm delighted to return the favour, so I'll hand over to Jane...  

Hi! I’m Jane Linfoot, and I write fun, flirty fiction, with feisty heroines and a bit of an edge.

I live in a mountain kingdom in Derbyshire, England, where my family and pets are kind enough to ignore the domestic chaos – happily, we’re in walking distance of a supermarket. For me, writing romance is cool because I get to wear pretty shoes instead of wellies. I love hearts, flowers, happy endings, all things vintage, most things French. When I’m not on Facebook, and can’t find an excuse for shopping, I’ll be walking, or gardening. On days when I want to be really scared, I ride a tandem.

Have you always wanted to be a writer?


Yes!

Did you manage to get the first book you wrote published, or is it tucked in a drawer somewhere?


The first romance I wrote is still on my desktop. I subbed it to a famous publisher, and it got lost in the ether. By the time I discovered they weren’t considering it, I had another one written, so I sent that off instead. I did enter it in a pitch competition a while back, and I got a full request, but when I opened the file, I discovered that three years on my perfect novel needed a total re-write! I will get around to it one day, because I do love the characters. It was originally called The Billionaire’s Surprise Package, then it morphed into The Biggest Blag of Her Life. Watch this space....

What’s so special about your heroine that makes your hero fall in love with her?


At first the attraction is pure heat – but Shea is the only person who has ever stood up to Brando, and her experiences mean she can understand him where other women wouldn’t.

Why do you like writing romance?


I love hanging out with my characters. Also, when real life is chaotic, it’s wonderful to be in a fictional place where you’re in control – until the characters start taking over, that is! Also, after years working on building sites, it’s a real novelty to be able to wear pretty shoes when I’m writing.

Which of your characters is your favourite, and why?


I totally fell in love with Brando Marshall from The Right Side Of Mr Wrong – I love his brand of smoldering sexy – if Shea ever threw him out, I’d be more than happy to catch him, if I didn’t have my own OPH (own personal hero)

What do you do with a paperback once you’ve read it?


If I’ve enjoyed a book, I’ll always keep it. Otherwise I offer them round to friends, or send them to the charity shop. Sometimes I leave them lying around town, with notes in saying “Please take me home and read me!”

What advice would you give to new writers?


Never give up. And if a new writer is at the point of sending work off, it’s important to remember that rejections are subjective. Just because one publisher doesn’t like your novel, it doesn’t mean another won’t. So keep on sending out your work. And consider going to conferences, and having one-to-one’s with editors, because this can fast forward the whole process, and sometimes you even get to leap-frog over the slush pile!

What things inspire you to write? Location, music, film or even in a book?


Each book I write is the result of lots of different strands, fused together. Inspiration comes from everywhere – it could be a snatch of a song, a headline, or something on TV or the radio. I have notebooks where I jot things down as I come across them. Sometimes I start with one strong idea, say for an opening scene, and then the rest gets added in piece by piece. I like to travel, and I love to use places I’ve visited in my stories. And I often get ideas from talking to people about what they’ve done. I have stacks of pictures torn out of magazines too, and I use those to fill in any gaps.

What is next on your agenda after publishing your book?


I always move on to the next book. I’m close to the end of my next... *typing furiously*

Are you nervous about friends reading your book?


Big fat YES! And my mum-in-law has my books sitting on her kindle – I’ve warned her they’re steamy!!!

Do you love or hate Facebook? 


Love it!

Cocktail or shot? If so, what one? 


Cocktail – I love tequila sunrises.

Tea or coffee? 


Coffee

Starbucks or Costa? 


Costa - I don’t like the shape of the mugs at Starbucks!

Chocolate or ice cream? 


Chocolate

Dogs or cats?


Both

The Right Side of Mr Wrong Blurb: 

One-off, moving on sex wasn’t meant to be this hot…
When determined singleton Shea Summers is persuaded to become the “wife” of the Lord of Edgerton Manor, the last thing she wants to do is play house with a stranger.

Brooding playboy Brando Marshall, is far from happy when Shea turns up at his sprawling estate with production crew in tow. Surely she’s just another woman after his wallet? And if she’s looking for Mr Right, she’s definitely hitting on the wrong guy. Then again, after catching an unscheduled glimpse of her knickers, perhaps Brando needs to teach this “gold-digger” a lesson!

She’s seizing the moment, he’s breaking the rules, and when bad boys can be so much fun, who can resist getting on the right side of Mr. Wrong...


  
BUY LINKS





 Thank you, Jane! What a beautiful book cover. Loving the shoes, and the colours of this cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.