Saturday 22 November 2014

Autumn is Here!

Autumn really is officially here. I do now have my central heating on. However, I would say, it's still not ultra cold. (This morning was abysmal with the rain though).

Sometimes coming up with a new blog post idea is hard work - my mind really is blank (although I know I still haven't done my 'all things purple' post).

I have been neglecting my blog lately. And these days, I'm finding less and less are leaving comments. But I get loads of page views. My blog has now reached - all time - over 100,000 page views which is awesome.

In my defence for neglecting my blog, I did get my edits back for One Fine Day, and I wanted to get those sorted and back to my editor as quickly as possible - the ebook is out 8th January after all.

The cover is now up on Amazon and that's exciting too. To explain the cover a little; it is supposed to have an autumnal feel as the book is set from October through to January. Although Christmas does get a mention, I didn't want it having a Christmas cover. The buildings are supposed to represent the setting; Bristol. And the bird... I want as a trademark lol!



I'm so excited about this book. I hope my readers will love it. It feels wonderful that both books that I've written have got accepted and published, which means they will get read. It doesn't matter if it's only two people, it just feels fabulous! Many writers have novels tucked away that will never see the light of day. Think of all those stories and songs that never get read/heard...

Now I know it's still November and many of us still don't like mentioning the C word... (Christmas, not the other C word!), but I'm going to do another advent calendar on my blog this year.

I tried it a couple of years ago and it was a great success. How it works is that I will post something everyday for the twenty four calendar days. I know it's not quite like opening a real one and getting a piece of yummy chocolate, but my advent calender will be better for you. And I promise some eye-candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.