Wednesday 3 December 2014

Advent Calendar - Day 3

Wendy Lou Jones is behind door number 3... 

Wendy is providing some Richard Armitage eye-candy for you. Who doesn't love Richard? He's got to be better than chocolate, right?

Wendy says: 

Richard Armitage (be still my beating heart) sat 'By My Side' throughout the writing of this story, as he was my inspiration for the character, Adam Elliott. The story is set throughout the winter and reaches a peak around Christmas time, so I thought I would share it with you now. Not Richard, though, just the story; let's not jump the gun here. ;-) In fact, to be precise, he sat on my husband's chair, opposite me. Not in the flesh, it's sad to say, although my husband is probably grateful for that, but the picture my husband bought me for Christmas last year. I would talk to it while I was writing and say things like, "You wouldn't do that, actually, would you? What would you do?" 

It's sad, I know, but this is my cross to bear, and I do it so well. :-) So I rootled around on the computer and found a Merry Christmas picture from Adam Elliott and myself. Merry Christmas, everyone.

By My Side – Blurb


Betrayed by her boyfriend and best friend, Lena is left empty; trapped under a weight of guilt and loneliness. Then, at her lowest point and when she needs it most, a mysterious stranger comes into her life with a tale of friendship, family, and finding love in the most unexpected of places…

Katy Heath is definitely not thinking of love when she comes across consultant, Adam Elliott, berating some poor patient on the ward one day. In fact it is Dr Peter Florin who quickly has everyone’s hearts aflutter with his easy smiles and practised charm.

Yet Katy comes to realise that there’s more to Adam than his determination to push everyone away and it’s not long before she finds herself longing to reach out to touch the man within, healing the pain of his past.

As Lena is drawn into Katy’s story, she begins to learn – just as Katy does- that the course of true love never did run smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.