Tuesday 14 April 2015

Cinderella - Every Girl's Dream

Today I watched Cinderella with one of my best friends. We like to go to the cinema when the kids have gone back to school and we get the whole theatre to ourselves. (Actually, we had to share it with a couple of others today - pfft!) The film left us with that feel good factor afterwards.

Since learning the release of this film I've wanted to see it. Cinderella is my favourite fairytale. What girl doesn't dream of meeting her Prince Charming? Or having a Fairy Godmother?

The film is enchanting, funny, emotional, and beautiful. Cate Blanchett plays the evil stepmother so well. And Helena Bona Carter is our quirky, magical Fairy Godmother, who we all wish we did have. I mean one wave of her wand and you get a fantastic dress and comfy to-die-for shoes. And our tears swept away.

What I loved most about this film, apart from Lily James playing Cinderella, is that they stuck to the storyline, they didn't mess with the fairytale. The animation had been produced to film, if that makes sense. We know the ending, we know all the details to Cinderella, and it was all in there. And it didn't matter there were no twists, because it was magical to watch.

There's a lovely moral to this story too. Cinderella doesn't know Kit is the prince, and the prince falls in love with Cinderella knowing she is not really a princess. He accepts her for he knows her heart is good. He sees her beauty from within. The materialistic things are unimportant. Isn't this what every girl wants? A man to love her for her?

If you haven't watched it yet... go! And take your daughters!



"Have courage and be kind." 

A little something I'm taking away with me from Cinderella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.