Wednesday 9 December 2015

Advent Calendar Day 9 #ZaraStoneley


Behind door number 9 is Zara Stoneley:

We were chatting the other day about what makes us feel ‘Christmassy’ and it was impossible for me to pin it down to just one or two things. I realised then that it’s down to all five senses. Some smells mean Christmas to me, but then there are certain sounds and sights… so here are just five of the things that make me feel all festive …

The sound of Christmas carols – the whole ‘playing Christmas songs’ in the shops thing starts way too early for me, but when I hear carollers in town it feels like it really is Christmas.The sights – the annual turn on of the Christmas lights, when the shops are all decorated, the tree is lit up in the square and Father Christmas is there with his reindeers and sleigh, is a big event in our small town.

The feel – snow. Yeah, I’m not a big fan of it when the roads are slushy, but I love a cold, crisp morning when there is hoar frost on the trees and a dusting of snow. That snap in the air that makes my ears and nose tingle, and the feeling of peace is magical.

The smell of mulled wine – when the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, fruit and cloves drifts through the house on Christmas Eve and I’m curled up in front of a log fire then the festive feeling really takes hold.

The taste – chestnuts. Well, sprouts are a very distinctive Christmas taste, but I do love chestnuts and they taste extra good if they’re burnt at the edges after being cooked on the fire!

So those are a few of my favourite things that make me feel Christmas has arrived – what makes you feel festive?


About Zara Stoneley: 

Zara Stoneley grew up in small village in Staffordshire. After completing a degree, working as an IT consultant, a freelance writer, running a dog grooming business, and messing about with horses Zara finally settled down to her dream job as an author.

In 2012 she secured her first publishing contract with Xcite Books, the erotic imprint of Accent Press, and a year later signed a deal with HarperCollins.

Zara now writes fun, romantic romps set in the British countryside that she loves so much.

She splits her time between a country cottage in a Cheshire village, surrounded by family, friends and assorted animals, and an apartment in Barcelona.

WHERE TO FIND ZARA -
Website     Twitter    Facebook    Amazon   Google+     Pinterest  

My book - 

‘A Very Country Christmas’

A short Christmas story of three courses.

Love is in the air in Tippermere as Lottie dreams of a white Christmas with no trimmings – other than her hot and hunky eventer, Rory. But things are never quite that simple on the Tipping House Estate.

Festive fervour takes over and it isn’t all seasonal peace and goodwill as expectations rise and it soon escalates from cosy dinner for two, to all the trimmings for ten!

With missing turkeys, loose horses, troublesome terriers and randy huntsmen, Lottie is hard pushed to find time for a kiss under the mistletoe, let alone find the opportunity to woo Rory with her sexy Santa costume.

But there is only one thing Lottie really wants for Christmas, and only one man can deliver it…

Available FREE from - Amazon       Barnes & Noble      Kobo  
Sainsbury’s      Google Play  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.