Monday 6 March 2017

Walking 10,000 Steps For Cancer Research

6th March Steps
I've been posting pictures like this daily to my Instagram (which shares to Facebook and Twitter) my steps - as proof - that I'm walking 10,000 steps a day.

I've signed myself up to walk 10,000 steps a day, for the whole of March, in the Walk All Over Cancer campaign by Cancer Research. 

The days I work are the hardest as I'm cooped up in a very small office. But instead of sitting down in those quiet periods, I've been standing up and pacing the minuscule office. I felt like a polar bear in a zoo, pacing that office!

Why am I doing this?

Ever since my sister was diagnosed with Leukaemia in 2010, and with everything she's been through, I've wanted to do things to give back - to Cancer Research and CLIC sargent. I'm not going to run marathons (I would epic fail!) so I give blood regularly and try to be a Dryathelete in January, but this year, I thought I'd take on the challenge of walking 10,000 steps a day instead.

She's been amazingly brave, and is happy and healthy to this day! We have a lot to be thankful for.

This is my fundraising page if you would like to sponsor me: Cancer Research Fundraising Page


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.