Wednesday 7 November 2018

We love Kos


Gatwich very early 24th October 2018
Since returning last week, I have really wanted to write about my holiday in Kos. Only because it was such great fun, but I wanted to share the anxieties as a single mum that I had before going out to a foreign country, on my own, with my two children.

Exactly that.

I was going on holiday, to a foreign country, on my own, with my two sons. This actually scared me. A smidgen at least.

Ready for take off!
I haven't really travelled much abroad in the last fourteen years, opting for holidays in Cornwall with my young family. But thanks to the success of Meet Me At Wisteria Cottage getting into Sainsbury's, I was able to afford a holiday abroad with my two sons.

I thought this would be a good way to celebrate too and share my success.

I was recommended Atlantica Porto Bello Beach hotel in Kos as it had a water park as part of the all inclusive package.

About to get a drink at the beach bar.



Well, we had a fabulous time. The food was fantastic, the hotel was lovely, the beach, the staff, the water park.... couldn't fault a thing really.

I did tell the kids I was taking a break from real life, meaning no routine, etc. However, I couldn't take a break from parenting, as they were coming with me, but if they could be good as much as possible, so that I didn't have to do the parenting thing too much. Ha ha! And they did. To be honest, they were really well behaved, and I could trust them to keep themselves amused together - especially snorkelling or going down the slides at the water park. The three of us had a huge amount of fun - especially in the water park, which we visited every day! (I had to do each slide at least twice - once with each boy. Being that bit heavier, I made it go faster lol!)



Anyway, our week in Kos will certainly go down as one of our best holidays. I was reminded why I love Greece. The temperature rose to 24 degrees, sometimes a little warmer, but it was a lovely temperature allowing us to do enjoy the warmth but not hide from the sun as you need to in 30-40 degree heat. And I didn't have to worry about them getting burnt as the sun's strength was definitely weaker. I will definitely consider going away in October again.


So, I hope to take the boys away again soon - if I can get another book contract, obviously. And when I do get to take them away again, I won't be half as anxious about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.