Wednesday 26 July 2017

Writing Worries

Fourth book troubles! I'm at over 90,000 words and the end should be nigh.... however, it feels like it keeps slipping away from me and I fear I won't get it finished next week.

The first two weeks of the summer holidays, the boys always go off with their dad, which enables me more writing time, before I have to play 'mum' for the other four weeks - and the writing really does become non-existent. And this time is usually great to allow my first draft to rest.

I have one more day tomorrow, then I'm back to work also. This means I'll only have three days next week, and one of those is going to be used to catch up with my editor in London.

Argh!

I sort of know how I want to make this book end. It's not like the others though. The ending really will be the hero and heroine getting together - for the first time.

I just hope it works! And the readers enjoy it as much as Meet Me At Wisteria Cottage...

I'm lacking confidence in the book though, as all writers do at some point in writing their first draft. This is completely normal, I tell myself. I've just decided to bash this first draft out. I suppose it can always be jigged about at the editing stages - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.