Sunday 2 December 2012

This Time Last Year...

Gosh, it's the 2nd of December already! This time last year, I was doing an advent calendar type blog post. Blogging every day, and having a little pleasant surprise for you all. You can safely say this year my mind has not been on it. I have struggled with writing, and even reading at times.

At the beginning of the year when my aunt died and my nan was diagnosed with cancer, and I'd dropped my bombshell about my marriage, my mum said 2012 was going to be a hard year. I replied that it wasn't, it was going to be my year, and it was a new start.

I have definitely put my life onto a new direction, but I think I will be glad to see the back of 2012. There has been times when it has felt bleak, and I couldn't see that light at the end of the tunnel. I've had an emotional journey, in more ways than one, some of it I just haven't shared on here but close friends do know what I have been through.

It's another year of not making it as a writer, yet I did achieve sending The Wedding Favour out to five publishers, and receiving - although rejections - some positive feedback. I now need to restart the editing process for the resubmit request I got from one of the publishers. I MUST DO IT!

This year I've failed to make a Christmas cake. I think I've had to take one day as it comes, and haven't been prepared to do much planning. I can't even think of Christmas until my son's birthday is over on Tuesday (4th December).

On the positive side, from this year I have found really true friends. And I hope they know who they are. I've found support  from these wonderful people through the internet and real life. Without them I don't know if I'd be as strong as I have been.

So, as we set into December and Christmas rapidly approaches, I count down to 2013 which will be a new start in life for me, hopefully in a new home. I will be turning 40 in 2013. Maybe they're right, life does begin at 40...

6 comments:

  1. I wish you a great 2013! Definitely much more of a new start than 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life definitely began at 40 for me, so I hope it does for you too! Come on we both need to get published in 2013. Hugs. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't turn 40 until the October... so hoping life begins in January really lol! But I am in my 40th year I suppose :D Yes, we both need to get published in 2013! I did try this year, at least lol!

      Delete
  3. Good luck for 2013. Yep. 2012 has been a tricky one for you. But the only way out is through, so keep slogging on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sure you'll nag me to keep at it ;-) Please do!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.