Wednesday 7 September 2016

First September Blog Post


So it's September, the six weeks flew by, the kids are back at school, and I'm trying to get back into the routine, although it's a new routine, with one at a different school. 

I need to be writing. So that's what I will be doing. I need to finish this third book! I had a great meeting with my editor way back in the beginning of August, and now I need to deliver this thing.

Therefore I will apologise if my blog posting is few and far between this month. 

My third book now has a working title of Meet Me at Wisteria Cottage... (although you never know, it may still change). But this is the title I'm working towards, and trying to incorporate into the book itself. 

At first I was thinking of calling it Lilac Cottage, as I love all things purple. However, the house I grew up in was called Wisteria, although it never had any of the bush attached to it when I was there, I always imagined it must have once.

I just love the colour of this flower. Wisteria gives the imagery of lilac and purples, and pretty floral scents, and I think it sounds mysterious too. 

Therefore it's the inspiration for the name of the cottage, and I've seen beautiful houses draped with wisteria and just loved it.  I know it flowers usually April/May but I was at my aunt and uncle's over the holidays, on the Isle of Wight, and their wisteria was having another blossom in August.

So you know where I am if I'm not posting frequently... I'm at Wisteria Cottage... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.