Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Only Two More Sleeps

I'm getting so excited now! And nervous.

I'll be meeting lots of writers, published and aspiring ones - like myself. I will be able to talk to these people freely about the voices in my head and they'll understand! They won't ship me off with men in white coats.

And the reason for the nerves? I've only ever met these people on the internet... and suddenly they're going to be real. Will they like me? Will I like them ? (Of course!) Or will I show myself up? (Please don't let me get drunk!)

I worry that maybe I'm not quite good enough to be there ... but there are workshops, I will be learning from the best - at least I'll improve my skill.

So, I've got my new dress for Gala dinner, and found shoes to match, and a bag. I've got extra essentials like coffee (bought the Kenco two in one sachets so don't have to worry about milk), green tea with lemon teabags, chocolate and a packet of Oreos (I'll let you know my room number for the midnight feasts), notebooks, pens, toothpaste, toothbrush and pyjamas! I'm actually almost packed.

As my kids would say, only two more sleeps ...

Yes, I'm going to the RNA conference! See you there.