Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Book Review: The Hating Game by Talli Roland

The Hating GameThe Hating Game by Talli Roland

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What a totally refreshing read! A different approach to romance, with the back drop of a reality TV show as the plot.

I really enjoyed this book. It had great pacing, sharp, witty writing and by the end I didn't want to put it down. The author has a great way with words. This story had me giggling, and cringing at the poor things Mattie had to endure.

Mattie is one tough cookie with a chip on her shoulder (if you ask me) but I still found myself empathising with her, realising her mum's brainwashing is the reason Mattie is the way she is.

My only tiny niggle would be I didn't get enough of Kyle. I would have liked more of him 'on stage' rather than Mattie reminiscing. But that could be because when he was on stage, I loved reading him. 


View all my reviews

Had to wait to post this review, as I didn't want it becoming my 100th blog post. It's 101 instead.