Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hump Day Hot Seat: Lori Connelly

Wow, we've come round to Hump Day Hot Seat again - don't the weeks fly by? Today I have fellow Harper Impulse author Lori Connelly, who is a bit nervous about the interviewing thing, as it's new to her. But I told Lori she had nothing to worry about.

And here's her answers to my hot seat questions...

Have you always wanted to be a writer? I’ve made up stories since I was in grade school and sometime in high school becoming a published author started became my dream.

Did you manage to get the first book you wrote published, or is it tucked in a drawer somewhere? The first book I finished is buried in a deep, dark place and will never see the light of day again. The only good part of that project was that I learned a lot writing it.

What do you read while you write, or don’t you? I can get easily absorbed in a good book and discover hours have gone by so when I’m in the middle of a project I rarely read.

What do you do with a paperback once you’ve read it? If I loved it, I keep it and share it with a friend. Anything less than love and I donate it to the library.

What’s the best bit of writing advice you’ve ever received or read? One of the best pieces of advice I’ve read was from Nora Roberts - The only thing you can’t fix is a blank page.What you first put on the page (or screen) may suck, first drafts often do, but don’t let worrying about that stop you. You can fix it later. Write, write and write some more. It’s the only way a book is written.

What things inspire you to write? Location, music, film or even in a book? I’m inspired by many things, music especially but a scene in nature, in a book, a blog post or even listening to the news have all sparked my imagination.

What is next on your agenda after publishing your (first) book? I’ve a novella due out by the end of 2013 which is book two of The Men of Fir Mountian and I’m hard at work on book three of the same series.

Are you nervous about friends reading your book? I’m both nervous and excited. I want them all to like it, even the ones that don’t read romance.

Do you love or hate Facebook? Love it. We live hours apart from our relatives. It’s a wonderful way to share special moments and photographs.

Tea or coffee? Coffee. I love a white chocolate mocha with a shot of irish cream.

Starbucks or Costa? No Costa in Oregon. Starbucks is okay. Do you have Dutch Bros. in the UK?

Chocolate or ice cream? Chocolate ice cream.

Dogs or cats? I’ve known many cool cats. My eldest has one that fetches like a dog but personally I’m a dog person.

Thank you, Lori, for coming over to my blog today! Good luck with your book :D I love the cover, by the way.  


The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge blurb:

For fans of Diana Palmer and Linda Lael Miller comes the first in a brand new and emotionally gripping trilogy, The Men of Fir Mountain.

The day Evie met Benjamin Rolfe, a man with an unbridled enthusiasm for life and grandiose plans to match, she knew they’d marry and live happily ever after…

Five years later, her charming rancher is now a bitter, cynical stranger with a shaky moral compass. And after too many shattered dreams, Evie no longer believes in fairy tale endings.

When they lose the homestead and head out on the open road to start a new life in Oregon, their marriage is already strained to breaking point. Can their love survive this second chance?

Where to find Lori Connelly: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.