Tuesday 4 April 2017

Book Review: The Second Chance Tea Shop by Fay Keenan

I don't leave book reviews on my blog any more... but I wanted to leave you this one. Fay and I met over a year ago on Twitter, and have become writing buddies, helping each other brainstorm our books. I was delighted to read Fay's book finally, and it really is a treat! Enjoy.

The Second Chance Tea Shop (Little Somerby)The Second Chance Tea Shop by Fay Keenan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

This is Fay Keenan's debut novel, and what a treat! Great characterisation, lovely little details, enchanting setting and an emotional journey for the characters and the reader.

With Matthew being the brooding hero and having concentrated most of his energy into the family business before his head gets turned by Anna, this was like a modern day version of North and South, only set in Somerset around the cider industry.

Knowing the area that Little Somerby is based on, and the landmarks described in Somerset, this was such a delight to read. I can’t wait to read the next book set in this charming village.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.