Tuesday 9 May 2017

I've captured some #WisteriaHysteria

I wish I'd thought about this sooner, but I've been looking for wisteria growing on cottages! I don't have much time left now, as the flower is coming to its end.

My book, Meet Me At Wisteria Cottage has been published at the right time, with all the wisteria growing. There's a hashtag on Twitter #WisteriaHysteria.

I thought rather than keep putting the cover of my book up maybe I should take some photos of wisteria growing around pretty cottages and use those instead for marketing the book. It's better if I use my own photographs than grab something off the internet because of the copyright issues.

So, Sunday, taking a lovely walk around Thornbury, we walked the grounds of Thornbury Castle.







As you can see, I managed to get some lovely photos (until a man and his dog decided to sit at a table right in front of the castle and I couldn't take a fuller picture of the castle in landscape view. Grrr...).

Unfortunately, the wisteria was starting to turn, so I probably didn't get it at its most vibrant in colour but it still looked pretty.

On our walk, there was also a house with had some growing around its window which looked stunning.

Pictures off the internet had been my inspiration for calling the cottage in the book Wisteria Cottage, but now I have my own photos! Purple and lilacs are my favourite colours, and this is certainly one of my favourite spring flowers.

If you have any beautiful photos of wisteria growing around your house, please share!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.