Monday 24 December 2018

A Christmas Message


I want to wish all my readers, friends and family a very Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year! Here's hoping 2019 brings you bigger and brighter things... and maybe even some Karma (sorry couldn't resist).

As a treat, here's a snippet from One Fine Day.

This is one of my favourite scenes, which I had so much fun writing. As you may know, I love my superheroes. Admittedly when I wrote this Man Of Steel had been released, but the current Wonder Woman with the beautiful Gal Gadot had not.

One Fine Day is the only novel I've written that contains Christmas... (Although this scene isn't it), so if you're looking for a wintry story, this could be for you.





Steve stared at his reflection in the mirror. Had Ruby taken this a step too far? Was this some kind of joke?

Superman. He was wearing a goddamn Superman costume. And he had a mask of Christopher Reeve’s face. To get into character, he’d slicked his hair so that it had the quiff at the front and looked darker.

“Come on, Steve. We need to be there by seven-thirty,” Ruby called up the stairs.

Maybe it was a good job he was working because he wasn’t sure where he was supposed to store his wallet. He stood at the top of the stairs, hands on his hips.

“Couldn’t you have found a better costume?”

“The theme is film stars and characters. And I left it a bit late. That was really the only thing in your size. Besides, I think it’s apt.” Ruby, unrecognisable dressed as Wonder Woman – including the black wig of hair – stood at the bottom, matching his stance. They were both getting into character, obviously.

“Apt! More like tight.”

“Shove a pair of socks down there if you’re worried.”

“I don’t need to put socks down there. Thank you very much.” That certainly wasn’t his problem. He wondered if this took his disguise to another level. Oh, the irony. But wasn’t he supposed to be dorky, and here he was showing off his toned physique. Maybe he should have laid off the exercise... Would a cardboard mask of Christopher Reeve really hide who he was?

Amazon UK
Amazon US 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.