Monday 7 June 2021

Ginger Ricky & Betsy

In the lead up to my publication day of Cocktails At Kittiwake Cove, I thought I would share some cocktail recipes. 

Early on, whilst writing, I thought it would be fun to name each chapter after a cocktail. Over the next week, I'll be sharing recipes from chapter titles, and possibly some cocktails that ended up on the editing floor... 




The following recipes have been taken from a cocktail book I was given as a gift; Drink Me Now 150 cocktails for any emergency.

These two made it into the book... 


Ginger Ricky 

4 x 2.5cm (1 inch) cubes pineapple

2 lime wedges

1 1/2 measures London dry gin

1/2 measure ginger juice (see tip)

1 teaspoon lime juice

ice cubes

3 1/2 measures ginger ale

pineapple wedge, to decorate


Muddle the pineapple and lime wedges in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the gin and ginger and lime juices and shake well.

Strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes and top up with the ginger ale. Decorate with a pineapple wedge and serve. 

***

Tip: to make ginger juice, peel a large piece of fresh root ginger and blitz in a blender or food processor. Strain the juice before use. 

~

Betsy

2 measures gin or vodka

4 teaspoons lime juice

1 measure sugar syrup

2 strawberries, plus extra to decorate

1 sprig coriander

1 cup ice cubes


Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.

Pour into 2 old-fashioned glasses, decorate each with a strawberry and serve.


***

Enjoy! 

Remember Cocktails at Kittiwake Cove is out Tuesday 15th June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.