Thursday 30 December 2021

Goodbye 2021


As the year comes to a close, I thought I would reflect a little. 2021 hasn't been all bad, (thanks to journaling my 3 positives a day) although it does feel like it amalgamated with 2020 a bit. I am so done with Covid! I really hope we do see the back of it in 2022! 

Mistletoe At The Manor has remained in the top 500 in the UK Amazon charts for a month! I can't believe this. It's been No 1 in Inspirational Religious Fiction (only because it's set at Christmas lol!) and as I type this, it's No 2 in British and Irish Humour and Satire Fiction - which is a little more my category! This is a great way to end the year with my writing career. 

I do have edits for my third novel (due summer 2022) which I will look at next week. But I have really taken the last two weeks off. It's been hard to concentrate with the kids home and getting ready for Christmas, from cake decorating, mince pie making and present wrapping! 

One of my best friends bought me a Jane Austen puzzle for Christmas, and I have spent time finishing this. Something I'm not very good at doing is taking time to do nothing - without feeling guilty about it. Christmas feels like the only time I can justify stopping everything and doing a puzzle. So I did! 

With my UW business, it came to a halt with not many people wanting to take a look at their bills with Christmas approaching - completely understandable! But in 2022, I really want to help more people save money on their bills. There are more price increases coming, and the cost of living is just going up and up. With this in mind, I'd also love to help people make some extra cash like I do. £250-500 extra a month to most people will make a huge difference to their everyday lives. I know it does with me. 2022 we have a holiday in Corfu to look forward to, and I wouldn't have been able to book this without my UW business income. 

But UW hasn't just given me a financial benefit. It has taken me on a path of personal development no other organisation I've worked with has even thought to give me. I want to grow and develop and be a better version of myself in 2022. And I hope that will make me a better person to support the people closest to me. 

Also, if I want to get another book out there, I need to start writing properly again, so I'm setting myself a word target for each week of 2000 words. 

I'm not really one for New Year Resolutions, and if anything, I've learnt it's best to set goals. Do you set goals? If so, what are they? 

Another of my goals is to find a part-time job as I really need to get out of the Post Office!

On that note, Happy New Year, everyone. I hope 2022 brings you happiness and health, because these two things are what makes real wealth. 

Xxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.