Sunday, 28 August 2011

Mr Darcy And Me

I feel like I need to update my Heroes list. I should include Mr Darcy, but at the time of creating the post I hadn't read Pride And Prejudice.

I know! The disgrace!

Anyway, as you now know I have read Pride And Prejudice, and I am now watching the BBC adaptation of it. (I sneakily got the DVDs when The Mail was giving them away ages ago. There has to be some perks to my job. Anyway, I saved them. So glad I did).

My first introduction to Colin Firth was in Bridget Jones' Diary as Mark Darcy. (And loved him then, too). I own the DVD and enjoyed the interview with Helen Fielding saying that Mr Darcy was her inspiration for Mark Darcy, and she was thrilled that Colin Firth would be playing him too.

Well, now I know why he was so inspirational. I am loving Mr Darcy.

I've just watched episode four where Elizabeth Bennet is visiting Pemberley and has 'bumped' into Mr Darcy, and he's trying to redeem himself.

Love it. Love it. Love it! 

At first, when I started watching this series, I wasn't sure if the actress, Jennifer Ehle, was pretty enough. I had always picture Colin Firth as Mr Darcy, because that's who is is famous for playing. But she's really grown on me.


I love how this series has stuck so close to the book.

So, two more episodes to go... then I'll have to tuck them away, and watch them all over again some other time.  ::sigh::

Who'd have thought I'd be a period drama fan? Now want to find all the others... Though maybe I'll enjoy them more if I read the books first. I don't like having spoilers for books.