Friday, 4 November 2011

Book Review: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin

Sense and SensibilitySense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


**spoilers** but it's been around 200 years, so I'm not so worried in showing them here. But read no further if you don't want spoilers.


*

*

*

*

I did enjoy this book but I must admit Pride and Prejudice is my favourite. Maybe the 'heroes' in this book weren't so compelling. Also, although satisfied with the ending, I don't know if it was me, but I was sort of thinking Colonel Brandon was growing attached more to Elinor, rather than Marianne at one point. Maybe that was Jane Austin's ploy... or did I misunderstand it?  

It could be that I didn't get enough of Edward to believe he was right for Elinor. He was talked about, and thought of, but not really on the page as much as I'd liked, so I couldn't 'see' the love/attraction between them.

This book is still worth a read, if you're into Jane Austin or classics in general. In fact, maybe read it before Pride and Prejudice, so that you don't go comparing too much, which I think is what I was doing.

But I've read it now, so I can watch the DVD that I've got and see how television adapts this book! 



View all my reviews

35 books read!