Monday 27 February 2012

Rachel Lyndhurst Shares Her Greek Billionaire


Today I have Rachel Lyndhurst answering some questions on her book, Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire. I have read this book when it was published as Storm’s Heart, and I’m so glad it’s getting a second chance because it really is a hot book, especially where Andreas is concerned (see below).

I was lucky enough to meet Rachel at the RNA Conference last year, in Caerleon. It’s great putting faces to internet names, and she was truly lovely to meet.

Rachel now writes full-time when her children are at school, but is still proud of her law degree and accountancy qualifications. She has worked in the space industry, pharmaceuticals, insurance, a supermarket, a bus station, a railway depot, and a lingerie department.

She lives with her daughter, son and The Exec in Fareham, Hampshire, on the south coast of England and can sometimes smell the sea from her back garden. When not working, her hobbies include rummaging through antique shops, talking to her chocolate brown Rex rabbit and popping into Sainsbury’s. She also has a fondness for wine and expensive lipstick.
Rachel loves to hear from readers.


So here’s her questions!

Q: Give us your elevator pitch (to the reader) for what your book is about?

A: Golly, I hope I never have to do this in real life! Here goes:

A Greek billionaire takes a penniless English gypsy girl back home with him and offers her the world. But it’s not enough, she wants his heart.

Q: My 'Twitter' question - Describe your heroine in 140 characters. (you can always check it on Twitter rather than count the 140 characters lol!).

A: Kizzy Dean is an English, half-gypsy graduate. She has dark curls. She’s independent, feisty, proud and naughty. No man will tie her down.

Q:  Obviously you're in love with your hero - you wouldn't have written him otherwise - but why do you love him, and think your readers will too? No character limit this time lol!

A: Andreas Lazarides is utterly gorgeous for starters – tall, dark, handsome and very much in charge. Andreas is also very rich – which I happen to quite like in a man, it makes life a lot easier. Underneath his stern exterior is a man of honour and dignity. He spends his time as a human rights lawyer and quietly pours millions into charity projects. He treats his staff like his own family. He is aware of his flaws and does his best to address them but sometimes his passion is too strong. He has a cat. He doesn’t know how to use a washing machine. He is unbelievable in bed …

Q:  Your heroine's house is on fire! She's allowed to save one item. Does she save a) the dishwasher, b) her hair-dryer or c) something else? (I would take the dishwasher... there's no way I'm going back to washing up!).

A: I’m with you on the dishwasher! Once you’ve got one there’s no turning back. However, my heroine, Kizzy, really hasn’t got much in the way of worldly goods at all. She’s lost pretty much everything when she meets Andreas Lazarides. She’d save a box of old photographs and mementos, including her late mother’s gold hoop earrings, I think. She’s not in the least bit materialistic.

Q: And can you prove that all published writers are really human? i.e how do juggle writing with real life?

A: You should see me now as I type – no make-up, head still wrapped in a towel (just as well, you can’t see my roots that way!), surrounded by ironing, washing and lots of little bits of paper. I still have to put the bins out (or take the stinky black bags down the dump when I forget) and the children completely refuse to feed themselves or pick up their bath towels. I have a dishwasher (see above). I also worry about wrinkles, grey hair and wobbly bits and have to bite my tongue with bossy junior school teachers. I doubt myself hourly, maybe even more than that. :0)


Kidnapped!

Or that’s what it feels like to Kizzy Dean when a business disagreement with arrogant Greek lawyer Andreas Lazarides leaves her no choice but to accompany him to the Greek Isle of Rhodes. It doesn’t help matters that this sexy brooding stranger, who is unaccustomed to the word No and the very idea of commitment, shows her what it feels like to be truly desired.

Amidst the ancient myths and alleyways, tensions run high as Kizzy feels an immediate attraction for the man she wants to both ravage and strangle.

Accustomed to gold-digging women, Andreas is mesmerized by Kizzy’s feisty nature and Gypsy beauty. Guilt and sorrow have been his only bedfellows since his sister’s death, but Kizzy stirs up a desire he’s unwilling to succumb to . . . until she makes him an offer he simply can’t refuse.

Read Chapter one here:  http://bit.ly/wLZEAC
 
Buy links
Amazon.co.uk http://amzn.to/w86FU9
Barnes & Noble http://bit.ly/zBeu77


Thank you, Rachel, for popping by and good luck with Kizzy and Andreas’ sizzling tale. Can I just say, that book cover is Hot! Hot! Hot! 

Any questions for Rachel, please leave below. 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warm welcome,Teresa. Is that a belgian bun you're offering me? Oh, go on then ...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And coffee? Or I could open a bottle of wine... not too early, is it?

      Thanks for visiting my blog! I mean, real, published writers on my blog! Love it :D

      Delete
  2. Glad I arrived here in time for the coffee [mine went cold whie reading your chat. Can't wait to enjoy this story. One question,Rachel, any more Andreas's out there for the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I loved Storm's Heart's cover but this one is way much better :D Although, it could distract you from the reading lol!

      Delete
  4. Hi Beth! Well, Andreas is quite a handful to be honest (stop sniggering, Teresa!), but there are heros everywhere if you look long and close enough. If you like Andreas, there will be more devilishly handsome alpha heros coming to an eBook outlet near you soon. Currently I have an Italian and a Balearic Billionaire on the go. My they're keeping me busy!

    Let's have some fresh coffee - I think we both need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry (about the sniggering). I'm sure Kitty will tame Andreas eventually ;-P

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Annalisa! I certainly fell on my feet with that cover, I agree! Entangled are putting out some brilliant art work - a very talented team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one excellent pitch. Wish listing now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Alleged Author, may all your wishes come true! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.