Tuesday 28 February 2012

Book Review: Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

Stories I Only Tell My FriendsStories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


On one rare occasion, I was sitting watching the TV (in 2011) - Graham Norton to be precise as I knew Bradley Cooper was going to be on the sofa.


But imagine my surprise to see Rob Lowe there too, promoting his new autobiography, and discussing his early years of fame, and that Bradley was probably going through the same things right now (as he's new to the Hollywood scene in comparison and the latest hot thing).


I had to read this book. I'm writing a character who will come to fame as a Hollywood actor. It would be the perfect research material.


And it was.


I enjoyed every minute of this book. Rob Lowe is actually a really nice guy. His story is told so well. He talks of his highs and lows. I had laugh out loud moments. It is thoroughly entertaining, giving you an insight to behind the scenes of his life. So interesting to see who he was rubbing shoulders with as a teenager before he was famous.


If you want a little bit of Hollywood, read this book.


View all my reviews

I can't wait to get back to writing Perfect Isn't An Option.

Okay - what to read next? I think I better reduce the pile of books on my bookshelf, although I have lots of lovely books waiting on my Kindle. And I think it's about time I read some romance. Because I need that in my life right now - and a book's the only way I'm going to get it. 

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget a glass of wine and some chocolate to go with that romance - you deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob Lowe has done a pretty decent job of walking the fine line of classy not trashy. I've admired his acting skill - never more so than as Sam Seaborn in The West Wing, but his comedy turns in Wayne's World and Austin Powers are so joyfully unexpected that they completely changed my concept of what kind of an actor he was. But to hear the back stories and to understand the journey that got him to those roles makes me appreciate him even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Espana. I'm assuming then, that you've read this. If you haven't, you will enjoy it.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.