Friday 5 November 2010

Book Review: Saving Cinderella by Myrna Mackenzie

Saving Cinderella! (Harlequin Romance)Saving Cinderella! by Myrna Mackenzie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm not sure how I feel about this book.  It's a good story idea, but I wasn't sure if sometimes I was having the 'conflict' rammed down my throat.   It just felt in places a little repetitive.

And the ending, of course 'happy', I was a tiny bit disappointed with.  It was actually a teeny tiny bit cheesy.  I mean their behaviour in front of all those people (you'll see) just, well, I'm surprised someone didn't shout "Get a room!"

Alex gets hired by Wyatt to cover maternity leave at his hotel in Vegas, so they both know it's 'temporary'.  He's got his past, she's got hers... I'm also shocked that someone would return from maternity leave after two months... (yes it's that temporary) but then this is America and I don't think they have the same holidays/benefits that we do in the UK.  But just a tiny nit there.

There's some good stuff in this book, too.  So I gave it three stars, but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites.



View all my reviews

What shall I read now?  Only three to go (this was book 37) and I've ready 40 books this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.