Friday 19 November 2010

It's Copyrighting Day

Apparently it is Copyrighting Day and as a new writer, these things are important (and confusing at the best of times).  My writing buddy from Mills and Boon competition, Sally Quilford has blogged much better than I could about plagiarism and how to avoid it, etc. so I thought it was best to spread the word by sharing her blog post: Copyrighting - Copy Writing.

She offers some great advice.  Some is common sense, but to some new writers (like me) who maybe a little naive we need reminders, and some of the advice you might be thinking... gosh, didn't think of that.

Please read!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Good blog. I've wondered somtimes in my fanfics whether I've crossed a line between referencing something for fun (generally Monty Python, Red Dwarf or Terry Pratchett) and just nicking a gag! :D I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, that was for fanfic, so you could be a little excused... you weren't making (or trying to) money from it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.