Friday 23 September 2011

Book Review: Lessons in Love by Charlie Cochrane

Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1)Lessons in Love by Charlie Cochrane

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was an enjoyable read, a romance mixed around a murder mystery. For a m/m (gay) romance, the heat level was more a sweet romance than erotica. Nothing graphic bar some kissing and touching. But it suited this book, and the era it's set in.

The conflict was strong; being 1905 and gay sex being illegal, plus there is a murderer on the loose killing gay men, and Orlando's own internal conflicts.

Although I enjoyed the writing style and language used, keeping it nicely set in its era, I did think it was slow in places. I'm not sure I was 'wowed' enough to give it four stars.

I was fond of the two main characters; Jonty being the more jokey and fun character and Orlando being the more serious and sensible, lacking in love and experience in his life. Both characters played off well against one another.

When I first started reading this book it made me want to start reading Sherlock Holmes, which is sitting in my Kindle ready to be read. And funnily enough Holmes and Watson got a mention. 

This book is definitely worth a read!


View all my reviews

31 books! Only 9 to go! Can I ready 40 by the end of the year?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, a successful recommendation! :D I thought you'd like it. Those guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did enjoy the characters and their banter. Jonty is a real character - proper cheeky chappy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.