Tuesday 9 June 2015

I'm Having One of *Those* Days

At least I have a gardener who helps me out :)
I'm having one of those 'I've got too much to do but all I want to do is write' moments.

And so it's another one of 'those' blog posts.

The house needs cleaning. Again.
The summerhouse needs its yearly lick of paint.
I need to paint my garage door at some point.
I still need to finish my lounge by finding something to hang on the back wall.
I would really like to do some baking too...
At some point, one weekend, I need to do a car boot to get rid of the crap I've accumulated over another year and clear my garage.

And maybe I'm a bit hermit like, but Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I find myself quite happily holed-up in my house - writing.

I don't write for the whole six hours the kids are at school. I fit a run/exercise in, and do some housework, like the washing, around the writing to break up the time I'm at my desk. I'd be crippled otherwise. But generally, I don't like moving from my house. I feel guilty if I do. Even a quick trip to a shop that I need to do feels time consuming.

I now try to limit meeting one friend a week. That way, I'm not eating to all of my three days. And I do need to get out - this is of course, research. :) And of course, I love catching up with my fabulous friends. But I still feel guilty that I'm not writing, and working towards finishing my book.

I'm trying to use my evenings more productively around the after-school clubs, but I'm also trying to make myself relax so that I sleep better - if you call ironing in front of the television watching Glee relaxing. (I am loving Glee - just slip that in!)

So, I suppose I can't hang around on this blog too long, spending a million hours making sure it reads right, the picture fits etc. I need to get on! I just feel overwhelmed :'(

Is this a writer thing? Or is it me, my personality, something I really am going to have to learn to deal with?

Anyone else out there feeling like the walls are closing in?

Today is just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.