Wednesday 23 February 2011

Book Review: Stephen King On Writing

On WritingOn Writing by Stephen King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the first ever Stephen King book I've read, and in some ways I really want to go and read his stuff, and in other ways, knowing how he described his accident, I don't.  I felt sick  - and scared.


Some really good advice given that I will try to remember.  He had a great way of explaining things, and it's full of encouragement.



Thoroughly recommend it.  Interesting to see how he started out in life.  It's an autobiography plus a writing guide.  The autobiography really explains how he got his ideas through life experiences.  It won't give you the 'how to write like Stephen King' but it will give you what you want to hear - it's okay to write!


I have to say, the short story at the end (Jumper by Gareth Addams)... well, if you've ever worked in retail you'll understand it.


View all my reviews

Oh and book total up to SEVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.