Sunday 8 May 2011

Book Review: A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

A Touch of Dead (Sookie Stackhouse)A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book contains five short stories and they are entwined in the series of Sookie Stackhouse - so they are set at different stages of Sookie's life and where she's at with various different characters.



Having been waiting for the release of Dead Reckoning (book 11) it was nice to have a reminder of what being inside Sookie's head was like. It took a while getting used to, but it was fun.



My favourite of the five is One Word Answer (I'd give it four stars), mainly because it gives us a bit more background to Sookie's cousin's (Hadley) death and it contained two favourite characters Bill and Bubba. I do love Eric but for me, there is something about Bill. You just know he'd do anything, absolutely anything, for Sookie his love runs that deep. I wonder if this (scene) was cut from the book, because I always felt Definitely Dead missed something - it was this short story!



My second favourite was Gift Wrapped but I don't want to say why. I don't want to give spoilers.



Worth dipping into this book if you're a Charlaine Harris fan... however, might want to make sure you've read up to books 9 or 10 before doing so.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.