Tuesday 6 March 2012

Another Blog Award!

I have been meaning to blog for a couple of days now, but I'm so desperate to get the last few chapters of The Wedding Favour edited, I've sort of put all else aside.

Yesterday, however, I was awarded by Annalisa Crawford over on her Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep blog the Dream Launcher award! Thank you so much.

I won't lie, Annalisa did the research. Apparently the award was instigated by Doctor Faerie Godmother to thank people who'd made a difference in their writing/blogging. So I feel quite honoured that Annalisa has awarded me this. Not sure how I've helped... maybe all those hot men, inspirational photographs did it.

It's not obligatory, like some awards, but I would like to award the Dream Launcher to a couple of bloggers/writers who've inspired and encouraged me.

So drum roll please. 

Firstly, I would like to award the Dream Launcher to Becky Black, because I just wouldn't be here without her help, encouragement, support and general honesty to me as one of my Beta readers. I just wouldn't have the confidence to do this.

Another is Morton Gray. I met Morton through the Mills and Boon New Voice competition in 2010 and then physically met her at the RNA Conference last year. And even now I remember her saying, we must try to get into the RNA New Writers' Scheme - this will be us next year. And we both did! On 1st January 2012, the pair of us were messaging each other, saying our emails were ready and at 1 minute past midnight, turning the 2nd January, we both pressed the send button!

Morton also has a competition going on, so get in fast and have a go! You have until the 16th March.

And last but not least, (I would award Annalisa as she's equally as supportive but she already has this award and was the one to give it to me), I would like to award Sarah Pearson as she is always commenting and supporting my blog. And it sounds daft, but we all like to see comments on our blogs, it confirms that it is in fact being read for a start!


So these are some flowers for you all - my miniature daffs that are out at the moment!Next blog post I promise hot men inspirational material.

Thank you to everyone who leaves comments on this blog, and supports me with my writing and blogging. This award is for everyone really. Without you I wouldn't have the confidence and determination to continue writing.

8 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo. Thank you Teresa. I like awards. Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you just saved me having to come find you :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, no problem. I truly am grateful to you and Star. My life has never felt so complete. I now know what I want to do in life. I just hope I bloody achieve it! lol!

      Delete
  3. You're always so supportive and you visited my early blogging efforts, which kept me going. So, that's why :-) Of course, the 'inspirational photos' are always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Annalisa. Well, us writers and bloggers must stick together. Sometimes I feel bad because I just don't get to read them all - I'd never get any actual writing done. But I do try to pop in when I can :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much Teresa. It's a pleasure to read your blog :-) The 'inspirational' posts are the icing on the cake :-)

    I'm jealous of the daffs though, mine are still hiding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you further north? Could this be why? My daffs have been fighting to come out from early February!

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.