Wednesday 21 March 2012

Lucky Seven

Cherie Nicholls tagged me for this Lucky Seven Meme and I thought I'd play along.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 other authors

So as I don't have Perfect Isn't An Option in chapters yet, I've just bashed out the first 33,000 words, I thought I would take this from The Wedding Favour. So here goes. 

(Typically, page 77 is the end of a chapter, and as I then put a page break in... I'll take from page 78 - imagining no page break - which is funnily enough chapter 7. I've taken from the 7th paragraph, rather than line - not sure if that's right or not lol!). 


He was glad she’d insisted on him sleeping in this comfortable bed; it was large enough he'd felt like he had it to himself. A first, too - sleeping with a woman and not expected to perform, even if she had made a joke about it. Maybe that was why he’d slept so well.
She looked pretty and peaceful sleeping. He studied her face more than he'd have to dared if she were awake. Her long, dark eyelashes, and her brown eyes hidden. His mind travelled back to their kiss.

And my seven are (and only play along if you want to), in no particular order: 
  1. Rachel Lyndhurst
  2. Morton Gray
  3. Annalisa Crawford
  4. Sarah Pearson
  5. Becky Black
  6. Sally Quilford
  7. Talli Roland

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Teresa, but I've already done this, and I've only got one WIP that's more than 77 pages long :-)

    Great paragraph! Want to know what's going on though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. Thanks about the paragraph. They've just spent their first night together pretending to be a couple.

      Delete
  2. Ah ... nice paragraph. And thanks for the tag!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I did this one on Monday, but thanks for the thought :-)

    I'd like to know how he ended up in this situation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I wanted to link to those that do read this blog and comment, etc.

      Yes, ended up being an interesting seven lines to post. They've just spent their first night together pretending to be a couple - so nothing actually happened in the bed, but they had shared a kiss for an 'audience' which had felt very real.

      Delete
  4. I think everyone who does this is very brave. I'm afraid it's not something I could do.

    I really liked this, especially when he looked at her more than he dared if she were awake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't you do it? Gotta get brave and show people your writing. It's the only way. Especially to get over that fear.

      I'm glad you liked my little snippet. It worked out nicely to leave some intrigue.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.