Saturday 31 March 2012

Book Review: The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

The Marriage BargainThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was one HOT read. The author had the heroine and hero sizzling.

It's the perfect marriage of convenience story, where they fall in love in the end. I just love this plot, with relationships where they think they are acting on a lie - it's my favourite kind, and this story echoed ideas I've put in my own novel - although I fear that Jennifer Probst has written it better than me!

If I had one nit pick, I felt that sometimes what the characters were wearing was over described at times. But it's romance, so I accepted it. It's not that annoying that you won't enjoy the book. 

But I love Nick for being this sexy, strong man, determined not to let Alexa get to him. And fail.

There is some great passion and sexual tension in this book. Loved it. Hated putting it down.

If only men like Nick existed in the real world. *sigh*


View all my reviews


I bought this book after reading a blog post that Rachel Lyndhurst shared. A very inspirational tale by Jennifer Probst. I recommend all aspiring writers to read. Can't promise we'll all be that lucky, but it's a nice carrot to wave in front of us.

8 comments:

  1. It's a 'must read'in the context of the Jennifer Probst fairytale, isn't it? So glad you enjoyed it and that you're inspired. Keep writing hard, why shouldn't it be you next?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read it because I wanted to know what was so good about a book to sell so many copies. What it needed etc. And it really is a great book, but, as you say, there is no reason why any of us can't write the same. Just gotta knuckle down.

      Thanks for sharing it :D

      Delete
  2. I quite like seeing how authors tackle popular plots, what they do that is different. Might have a look at this one if I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a read if you like a hot romance. And always good to see what makes a book successful :D I read it for research as well as enjoyment :D

      Delete
  3. HI Teresa! I am so thrilled you bought the book and liked it, and took the time to review it! AND a big thanks to Rachel for promoting the blog post where I talk about my journey - she is simply the best!! Love the review - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennifer! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      I really enjoyed this book and as Sarah said, it is always interesting to see how a plot is tackled differently.

      And your blog post was very inspiring.

      I will have to look out for more of your titles ;-)

      Teresa x

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big romance novel girl. However, after devouring Fifty Shades of Grey and wondering if there was something out there with more meat and interest than just kinky sex scenes...I found this book. I liked this story. The characters were flushed out, and even if I saw some of the stuff coming, the story had good pace and was well told. I never skipped a word, shed and few tears, and in the end...was satisfied with the time I'd spent. All Good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mix reviews of Fifty Shades of Grey. I haven't read it. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments. This did have the whole package. Great characters, and plenty of emotion.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.