Sunday 9 June 2013

Book Review: Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh, much better than the previous book. I loved being back inside Sookie's head. Lots of action and humour.

Sometimes I do wonder if Charlaine Harris introduces too many characters, because you do have to remember who they all are. But this being her last book in the series, I suppose she wanted to give all her favourite characters a mention.

I don't really want to say too much about this book, in case I leave a spoiler, but this book finished Sookie's story how I wanted it to. So it left me feeling happy and contented. I won't say why... you'll have to read it for yourself.

These books have been perfect brain candy. Light and dark. Sexy and fun. I've enjoyed the series thoroughly.

I have to share this from the book - this is the kind of humour I like, with the characters in grave danger...

"She [Amelia] wondered if she could cast a stunning spell without any herbs or preparation. It wasn't like in the Harry Potter books, though she and every other witch of her acquaintance had often wished it were."

I'm tempted to give this five stars just because Charlaine Harris didn't disappoint me with her ending.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.