Tuesday 13 July 2010

Book Review: Under The Boss's Mistletoe

This book was a bit Christmassy!  But I wanted to read the other story in this 2-in-1 book, and with my son being ill, and lacking in sleep myself, I thought I'd spend some of the day, cuddling my poorly son and reading my book.  Hence I got this story finished today, so I can put the book back on the shelf.  I couldn't wait to read the Liz Fielding book, which I've also published a review for.  (Liz Fielding has become a bit of a favourite of mine, I've loved all three books I've read of hers so far!).  And I kind of didn't want to leave this book half unread, which is what it felt like, even though there are two stories in it.

Actually 2-in-1 books don't work so well on Goodreads when I'm counting my book total - which is 25 by the way!

I want to reach 40 by the end of the year.  I thought that was a realistic target considering I'm doing a writing course, have fanfiction to write, a house to keep, and two kids and a husband not to neglect.

Okay - I maybe cheating in some ways slotting in a few Mills and Boons books, because they're hardly huge. But I did read some big novels, albeit the Twilight series at the beginning of the year.  I'm saving the non-fictional books that I want to read until the end of the year, purely because I know that I might not get so hooked on them, and become slow at reading and finishing them.   And then panic about reaching my 40 target.

So on with my review, as posted on Goodreads:

  Christmas Angel for the Billionaire/Under the Boss's Mistletoe (Mills & Boon Romance 2 in 1)Christmas Angel for the Billionaire/Under the Boss's Mistletoe by Liz Fielding
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've left my review for book:Christmas Angel for the Billionaire|6749820] there and gave it four stars.

This review is for Under The Boss's Mistletoe by Jessica Hart

A good romance story, and entails a fake wedding, always a favourite of mine.  However I did feel at the end it would have been nice to 'see' Jake come to his conclusions, rather than 'tell' Cassie how he did so with his  dialogue.

Just at the end felt a bit more dumped on us and rushed, maybe.  I don't know.  That's the only fault I find with a Mills and Boon novel is that sometimes they only have so much wordage, that bits that could be expanded or 'shown' rather than 'told' don't happen and I feel a little cheated.

I would have liked to have seen Natasha turn up on Jake's doorstep and lived through that more.

This was a nice story, but I do tend to like Liz Fielding's style (hence why I gave that four stars, and this three).

View all my reviews >>

Hmmm... what to read next?  I think I might need another Sookie Stackhouse adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.