Friday 9 July 2010

Book Review: All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Didn't realise I could do this... so might do this more often.

  All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great book in the Sookie Stackhouse adventures if you want escapism.

I love the humour of Sookie. Nicely sarcastic for me.

This book probably wasn't as good as some of the previous ones, (although I still enjoyed it) but we get some new characters, new creatures.  Enough of Eric to keep you (and Sookie) on your toes.

I will say this again.  I prefer these books to the Twilight series (I know, I know those are written for teenagers), purely because we are reminded that vampires are monsters.

I like Sookie, because she never once begs to be made a vampire.  Far from it.  In fact at the then of this book she really has had enough of them.  Sookie seems a real enough character to me, in the world Charlaine Harris has produced.

I think I read this slower, just due to knuckling down and doing stuff I was supposed to be doing, and not reading this book (it took great restraint) and so maybe I didn't really get into it like I have the others.  So hence four stars from me, instead of five.

Favourite quote from this (had my laughing so loud):

"Where was John Wayne when you needed him? Or Bruce Willis?  Or Matt Damon?  I would be glad to see Jason Bourne right now."

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.