Saturday 12 December 2015

Advent Calendar Day 12 #ChristmasDecorations

It's Day 12 behind the advent calendar.

Some have put their decorations up at the beginning of the month, but I like to do it around the middle of the month.

This tradition comes from having a real tree, and so it could never go in too early, otherwise it would be bare by the time Christmas arrived. We didn't have the non-dropping needle kind back when I was a kid. But even the Nordmann's go very droopy if in a hot house too long.

I will only get decorations if I can find both the boys names. These particular baubles are my favourites, having Ben and Kieran's name on them.

Now I live in a smaller house where a real tree would not fit, I have a slimline fake Christmas tree. (One day I'll be able to have a real tree again - you can't beat the smell of a real tree as you enter the room. Really does make it feel like Christmas then.)

Last year - my slimline tree!
We could put it up earlier, but because of my son's birthday, too, I like to stick to the same tradition I had as a kid and put them up around the 12th to 16th December. As we have no after school clubs, and the boys really want to help with decorating the tree, we will do it after school Monday. I can't wait! (Although it will cause some stress - maybe I'll pour myself a sherry and it won't seem so bad!)

With only 12 days to go, are you nearly ready for Christmas? Are the cards written, presents wrapped? Or do you still have more to do?





And as I promised some eye-candy, what about this guy helping out?




A little bit of Richard Armitage... as Wendy wouldn't share! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.