Thursday 31 December 2015

If You Say You're Going To Do Something, Do It! #2016

I wasn't sure whether to write a blog to reflect on my year. To be honest, with the boys home, watching movies with them so that they go to bed later than the norm, I haven't had a chance.

So this is a quickie!

Last year, like all years, has had its ups and downs. I had a big learning curve in the romance department, but it's done me good, because I am entering 2016 no longer with this dire need for a man. I am learning to be happily single.

In this past year, I've seen my second book come out in eBook and paperback, and I've finished writing my third. I don't like really setting resolutions, more like plans.

My plans are:

I want to continue in my efforts to stay fit and healthy, and remain in my size 10 jeans.

I want to write another book (book 4) and aim to get book 3 published by the end of 2016.

I want to support friends and family where I can, have mini adventures with my kids, and even some on my own.

I want to read to as close of my target books to read in a year (30) as possible.

I want to chip away slowly at the home improvements required in my house. I have said I must spend more time in the garden, and this can be achieved without affecting the writing time, because I am no longer chasing the dream of finding my soul mate. I will not chase men.

I want to be happy, positive and supportive. And to have fun. As I get older I see how quick these years whiz by.

Some of these things I may not have huge amounts of control over. The book being published, relies on a publisher liking it. Some adventures will require money I'll have to save.

My motto or mantra for 2016 will be: If you say you're going to do something, do it! 

I'm looking forward to 2016 too. I will have been writing for ten years! But maybe I'll save that for another blog post. :)

Finally, I want to wish all my friends, family, followers, readers and fellow writers a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.